August 29, 2007

Great Minds Think Alike: On Lifelong Learning


Some words from great minds to inspire youthfulness through lifelong learning.


"Life is my college. May I graduate well, and earn some honors!" --Louisa May Alcott


"That's what learning is, after all; not whether we lose the game, but how we lose and how we've changed because of it and what we take away from it that we never had before, to apply to other games. Losing, in a curious way, is winning." --Richard Bach


"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." --Confucious


"Never regard study as a duty, but as the enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later work belongs." --Albert Einstein


"Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at 20 or 80. Anyone who keeps learning stays young." --Henry Ford


"The illiterate of the future are not those who can't read or write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and re-learn." --Alvin Toffler

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your blog today....it inspired me and touched my heart...Thanks Peter