August 16, 2007

How Learning Can Make Your Dreams Come True


I have been obsessed with interior design and home improvement shows lately. I've been learning how to make homemade paper borders, rearrange my room for better flow, add a splash of color to a room to give it new life and, my personal favorite, the messes and successes of flipping houses. Now let me state that Southern California home prices are such that only 3% of its population can actually afford to by a nice house at this time. And you've guessed it, I'm not in that 3% at this time.

So why watch all the shows on home improvement? Well, one answer is that I am learning a new hobby in home decor and design. However, the real reason is that it makes me think about owning a nice house. I am throwing my thoughts and dreams out into the universe every time I see these shows and start imagining how I would decorate my house or fix up a room. And as we all know by now, the law of attraction says that whatever you think about, you bring about. In other words, you attract your dominant thoughts.



So I was recently at a little soiree in Pasadena and happened to meet Steve Watson, host of Don't Sweat It on HGTV. That's me with Steve and the President of Jewelry Messages, Tiffany Westrich. This is a great show, by the way, that gives you step-by-step instructions on how to do just about anything. The great thing is that they archive the how-to's on their website, so you can reference them later.

Anyway, back to the point. Is it a coincidence that I've been filling my mind with thoughts of houses and then I meet Steve? You may say maybe, but I think it's not. So stay tuned, because some day soon I'll be showing you the house that I've willed into reality...just by learning a little about home improvement.

If you are interested in a wall color consultation or how to make your dreams come true, sign up for a free coaching session. Okay, so maybe I'm kidding about the color consultation.

1 comment:

Hajii Otto: MS degree in Health Education, Certified Hypnotherapist said...

This is a great picture of ya'll. Can I have a color consultation from you, too?