December 21, 2007

Thankful for Life's Special Moments

Yesterday was my birthday, and usually because it is so close to the holidays, it gets lost in all the hustle and bustle of the season. However, this was an extraordinary year, because it turned out to be a dream come true. I had been wishing for several years now to go to see Wicked. I've actually tried to go see it four times, but for whatever reason the stars were not aligned correctly during those times. That's why yesterday was so incredible.

First, I had a spectacular dinner at Katsuya Hollywood, which served some mouth watering sushi. I absolutely fell in love with the Crispy Rice with Spicy Tuna. My mouth is watering just reminiscing about it.


Then, I was tricked into believing that it was just a night out for some cocktails and fun. However, as we started walking, I noticed the blazing lights of the historic Pantages Theater, and my eye caught the green of the Wicked Witch of the West. As the lights loomed closer and closer, I knew we were going to see Wicked. And my heart did a little dance of joy!

The show was phenomenal!! The sets were gorgeous and the casting was superb. I can't say enough great things about the show. Now had my evening ended there, I would have walked away sincerely thankful and overjoyed. But no, there was more...

My friends managed to get passes to meet the cast and get a backstage tour of the show. It is an amazing production with lots of moving parts. The costumes are magnificent upon closer inspection and incredibly heavy. One of the costumes we were able to pick-up weighed approximately 40lbs...and they have to dance in that! The highlight was meeting the cast, including Kristoffer Cusick (Fiyero) and Eden Espinosa (Wicked Witch).


I just can't say enough about how amazing this experience was, and how appreciative I am to have friends and family that were so thoughtful for my birthday.

And so, with Christmas almost upon us, I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who's helped make this year special for me and Supernova Coaching. I also want to wish you all a safe, recuperative holiday!! And I hope that all of your dreams come true.

Warmest wishes,
Rosemary & the Supernova Coaching Team

1 comment:

blogtommy said...

Happy late birthday Rosemary and I'm glad you had an exquisite time! We only live once!

Cheers!

Blogtommy