January 16, 2009

Get Your Résumé Critiqued for FREE!


One of my passions is helping students and adults improve their job hunt chances by coaching them on their résumé and interviewing skills. Having spent over 15 years working for Fortune 500 companies and recruiting both college students and professionals, I've learned a lot about what works and what doesn't. In fact, I travel the country speaking on this topic. Now, I want to share this knowledge with you!

In an effort to help our readers get the best opportunities possible, I have decided to take real life résumés and offer feedback to make them even more spectacular! So, every month we'll be featuring one résumé submitted by you, our readers. The selected résumé will receive critiques on aesthetics & style as well as content. All personal information (i.e. your name, address, numbers, etc.) will be obscured for security purposes.

If you are interested in submitting your résumé, here's what you need to do:

1.) Make sure your résumé is in a Word format.

2.) Send your Word formatted résumé via e-mail using the link below my picture on the left hand side. It's the one that says, "
Get Your Résumé Reviewed FREE"

3.) Put the words "Résumé Review" is in the subject line, or my spam controllers may trash your résumé.

I'll pick one résumé each month that can offer the most amount of learning for our readers, as well as for the original author. I apologize in advance, but I will not be able to provide critiques for every résumé submitted. The critiques will be posted the first week of every month starting in February. I really hope you find this program helpful in your job quests.

No comments: