October 23, 2009

Do You Know What You Were Born to Do?


"Forget mid-life crisis; I am suffering from a quarter life crisis!" Years ago, there were so many dark days when I would sit at my work desk thinking, "What am I doing here?" Some of those jobs were absolutely not what I loved doing. The problem was I had no idea what I loved doing. Nowadays, this is exactly what I help people figure out through my coaching and training programs. However, even if we never get to work together, I still want to help out.

That's why I was so excited when I found this nifty little quiz from Marcus Buckingham called "The Strong Life Test." With a few quick clicks, you can get a feel for the kind of work that resonates with you. Of course, your test results will not completely define you—there's a good deal more fine-tuning you'll want to do on your own to add detail and specificity. But what the test will do is show you where to start your search for a strong life.

Take the Find Your Strongest Life Test now.

If you are interested in how to use your strengths to improve your career aspirations, I would recommend the following books from Marcus Buckingham. It is a refreshing departure from the "I need to have an improvement plan for all my weaknesses" philosophy that is rampant in corporate cultures today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Rosemary. I needed to kill time today, and I did not want to wast it. Thank you, I think I at least have a book to read while I wait for the little ones.

Sarah